It’s been so long since my work kept me away from sharing my thoughts here. Finally I am here one more time…
Well, I often write about feeling good, staying motivated, energetic, keep fighting and much more.. But sometimes we don’t get a good start of the day for some reasons. May be you are afraid of a busy day , may be you dint get a good sleep last night, may be you thought a lot about something that you can’t control or the most common reasons – Missing someone and Flashbacks!!
Some times we loose that positive momentum during hard first few hours of the day and in the second half we feel tired, low, lost, somewhat sad or uninspired.
What to do then? Is that day lost and should you just aim for a better day tomorrow?
Well, the good news is- Today is not over yet!!
Here’s how I do that by breaking the negative mood and getting a new start.
1. Appreciate what you have-
The simplest of my most commonly used pick-me-ups.
I tell myself: OK, I might not feel so good right now, but what can I be grateful for and appreciate in my life?
I usually come up with simple things like-
- My Health.
- My Victory over some past issues.
- My Professional Achievements.
- My New Books That I Recently Bought to Read.
- The Biggest- While Closing My Eyes and Thinking of All the Happening , Somewhere deep down inside I always find a silver line of my undying hope that everything is going to be fine. I am leading to a blissful life 🙂 . Trust me , this thought is enough for me to be charged up again to face anything in life. Because I know at the end I’ll be the winner and so you are… Have faith , YOU ARE A WINNER!!
2. Act as you would like to feel.
Emotions work backwards too. So if I want to become more positive or enthusiastic then I act in the manner of a person who is positive or enthusiastic.
I might not feel like it. But I do it as best as I can anyway. I may for example:
- Think of the task I have in front of me as something exciting and fun.
- Answer some emails or talk to someone in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Assume rapport if I feel unmotivated, negative or nervous before some kind of meeting (assuming rapport is to I think to myself that I am meeting one of my best friends just before the meeting and that puts me in the right mood and headspace).
3. Think for a minute and give someone a genuine compliment.
Spend one minute coming up with something you really and genuinely appreciate about someone in your life that is in the same room as you at some point during the day. Then tell him or her the genuine compliment you have come up with.
Everyday is a blessing in itself. We just need that outlook towards life that can tend us to notice the good in everything.
Stay Happy and Have a Great Day!!